Sheriff Kelley’s previous campaign platform focused on three main objectives:
- Move the Sheriff’s Foreclosure Sales from being operated by an outside agency to being operated within the Sheriff’s Office.
- To construct a secure evidence storage facility
- To look into alternative shifts for deputies
Sheriff Kelley was able to complete these three large tasks, and stated that if it wasn’t for the support of his command staff and all the dedication from the members of the department these accomplishments would not have been possible.
Sheriff Kelley is looking forward to continuing his vision to move the Sheriff’s Office in a more progressive direction. The new Public Safety Complex will assist with making the department continue to run smooth and more efficient. This facility will also help make the Will County Sheriff’s Office better serve the residents of Will County.
During Sheriff Kelley’s first term some administrative staff have retired which led to others being promoted.The current Sherff’s Command Staff is as follows:
- Undersheriff: Robert Contro
- Deputy Chief of Support Services: Brian Conser
- Deputy Chief of Enforcement: Thomas Budde
- Lieutenant of Investigations: Dan Jungles
- Warden/Chief Deputy of the Adult Detention Facility: Dale Santerelli
- Deputy Chief of Operations of the Adult Detention Facility: Stuart Taylor
- Deputy Chief of Support Services of the Adult Detention Facility: David Adams
Sheriff Mike Kelley is confident that with their years of experience, knowledge, professionalism and dedication they will help him succeed in future goals for the Sheriff’s Office.