As the Sheriff promised in his past campaigns, continuing his vision to move the Sheriff’s Office in a progressive direction, the Sheriff has:
- Partnered with multiple Will County School administrators to improve security and safety to our children, teachers, administrators, and school staff, with state-of-the-art video surveillance and school door access controls. These measures were made possible by securing the COPS School Violence Prevention Program Grant.
- Implemented body cameras to all sworn officers and secured new in-squad cameras for the entire squad fleet ensuring increased transparency.
- Expanded the K9 Unit by adding drug and explosive detection dogs, along with a bloodhound and scent kits designed to assist in locating missing persons, and at-risk children and adults.
- Saved hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars by not paying outside firms for foreclosure services.
- Secured over $2 million in grants to enhance the safety and security of citizens of Will County.
- Worked tirelessly with state legislators to ensure legislation that is designed to protect all residents.
With the continued support of Sheriff Kelley’s command staff’s experience, knowledge, and dedication, he is confident that he will succeed in the future goals for the Sheriff’s Office.